Daran ist erschienen die Liebe Gottes gegen uns

I've decided that I'd like to post some of the Bach cantatas as I discover them, along with some thoughts and information.
  • I've just heard yesterday Ich hatte viel Bekümmernis - BWV 21 performed by Bach Collegium Japan Chorus, Peter Kooij, Gerd Turk, Robin Blaze, Yukari Nonoshita & Concerto Palatino. Simply sublime. Listen the cantata here
  • Wer weiß, wie nahe mir mein Ende? - BWV 27. Performed by Collegium Vocale Gent. To the opening question full of ultimate drama ("Who knows how near to me my end is?"),  the soprano answers in the most sweetest terms: "Das weiß der liebe Gott allein" only the beloved God knows.
  • Weichet nur, betrübte Schatten - BWV 202:  - Dorothee Mields - Ton Koopman. Cantata here. Exquisite performance
  • Gleich wie der Regen - (BWV 18). Particularly the tenor recitative (J. S. Bach Foundation - St. Gallen). Cantata here.
  • Aus der Tiefen rufe ich, Herr, zu dir - (BWV 131) - By Ton Koopman
  • more to come soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment